Monday, July 8, 2013

Back from the cabin

 
We briefly joined Joe's family at his parents' cabin this weekend to do some late Independence Day celebrating. (Meaning, we were there for just over 24 hours.) Unfortunately, Cece was not feeling awesome while we were there. She was kind of cranky with no appetite and ended up going to bed quite early, only to wake up throwing up in the middle of the night. However, we were in the company of several all-star moms. So while I held Cece and had a tired deer-in-the-headlights look on my face, Joe, his mom, and his sisters had sheets changed, laundry started, C's temperature taken, and Tylenol administered. I consider all of those ladies to be rock stars and I think I have a ways to go before I can join those kind of ranks!  Since we've been home, her fever has gone down and she's been doing way better.
 
Still, we did get a chance to enjoy ourselves while we were there. We took C on a couple of boat rides, played games, ate some excellent food, watched fireworks over the lake, and enjoyed catching up with everyone. I'm excited to be going back again soon. Hope you got to enjoy your weekend as well!
 
P.S. I came across the video I made during last year's 4th of July stay at the cabin. It really made me smile!

If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

1 comment:

  1. Oh man I forgot what runts Ruby and Sapphire were last year. They are gigantic now... obviously.

    ReplyDelete