Friday, July 5, 2013

Happy 4th!





 
 
 
 
 
 
I hope you were able to enjoy your holiday celebrating the good ol' US of A. (And I hope all of your fingers are still accounted for!) We didn't take a lot of photos, but we had a nice day spent in town. Even though this is now our third summer living in Richfield, this was the first year that we made it to the parade. Since we are inexperienced parade-watchers, we did not bring a cooler or chairs. And we all forgot to dress patriotically. Oh well, next time. 
 
After the parade, Cece spent some quality time frolicking in her snake pool and we cooked up some food on the grill. I feel like I need to mention that jalapeno-cheddar bratwursts are my new favorite summer food and I don't think it's a stretch to say that my life has been changed for the better. Also, I definitely didn't make anything cute and Pinterest-y, BUT I did bake a (mostly) homemade apple pie that actually turned out. I shall share the recipe in the future. After all, it was good enough to eat for breakfast this morning.
 
 After all of the sunshine, parade-watching, swimming, and walking, Cece fell asleep around 6:30 and stayed asleep for the night. Bummer for her, she missed fireworks and she also missed some friends who came over. I'm excited for the time when she can hold sparklers, get excited by star-shaped jello, and stay up late to watch some good explosions (from a safe distance, of course).
 
Happy Friday and have a wonderful weekend!
 
If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment