Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day 2014

I feel like Mother's Day becomes more special to me each year. It's not just because I'm a mama myself now, but because my respect and admiration for other mothers and mother-figures is always growing. I find myself smiling at other moms and holding doors open for them wherever I go because I finally am starting to get it. And although everyone's situation is different, I think our goal is the same: to raise children who can care for and love themselves as well as be able to care for and love others.
 
Being a mom has been the most satisfying and most challenging thing I have ever done. Some days I feel like I should be wearing a super hero cape when the house is clean, everyone is fed and happy, and I've managed to put on real pants. Other days I feel like I'm barely keeping my head above water as I'm simultaneously dealing with poop-up-the-back, a sick canine, and a toddler doodling on the furniture all at the same time. (And that was just yesterday!) Either way, I wouldn't trade these experiences for anything. Watching these girls grow has been sweet beyond words. Hats off to all of you moms out there, especially my mom and my mother-in-law. Because of them, I've witnessed unconditional love in action and it has inspired me in my own mothering.
 
 
 
 

 

To celebrate, we dined at Chino Latino last night. Rosie slept the whole time as she usually does at restaurants. (I guess she still has yet to find a place that impresses her.) Cece stayed in the booth the whole time, so I think that the evening was quite successful. We took Cece to a park to let her run around and burn off energy afterwards. This actually tired all of us out instead. I also was the recipient of flowers and chocolate and I did not have to make my own coffee or do the dishes yesterday. So, really, that's about as good as it gets ; )
 
I hope you had a great Mother's Day!
 
 
If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment