Wednesday, November 27, 2013

7 Reasons to be Thankful

During past Thanksgivings, I've enjoyed acknowledging on this blog how thankful I am for my friends, and family, pizza, and being a stay-at-home mom. However, this past year has been intense and sad. At this point, I've realized just how much I've taken for granted and how much I truly have. So I want to be a little more specific in my thanking this year. (And I'm hoping not to be too long-winded about it!)
 
 
One
 
I am so thankful and so lucky to have had 26 amazing years with my Dad. When he passed away this year, I felt like a part of my heart was gone too. I had to realize that it only hurt so much because he was someone so great to lose. I will love him forever and be so thankful for everything he gave me and taught me.
 
 
Two
 
I am so thankful to have such a beautiful, energetic, hilarious, and healthy daughter. She literally gave me a reason to get up in the morning during what was honestly the saddest time in my life. Even when I felt like I wasn't the best mother, she was always the best daughter. I feel that the very reason I am on this earth is to take care of her, to catch her when she's jumping off the sofa, to gently explain why we cannot eat play-doh, and to give her an abundance of hugs and kisses while she still lets me.
 
 
Three
 
I am thankful to have a husband who works his tushy off every day so I can live the fabulous life and take care of said daughter and our home. I'm thankful that he continues to woo me, make me laugh, do all the manly (and not-so-manly) work around the house, be an adoring and attentive father, and be wonderful friend. I am also thankful that he is the one who takes care of our dogs and I'm not the one who has to pick up dog poop daily. I think that's a very legit thing to be thankful for. I can't imagine my life without him.

 
Four
 
I am thankful to have an incredible set of in-laws! After all, they are all constantly doing wonderful and thoughtful things for me (like taking me to Mexico! Again!). There is always someone to help watch Cece, give me solid baking/cooking advice, answer my parenting questions, answer my gardening questions, give me a place to stay during all of my traveling this year, and so much more. I appreciate everything!

 
 
 
Five
 
I'm so thankful for all of the kind folks who have let me take photos of them this year! I have so enjoyed getting more comfortable with my camera and learning more about photography and portrait-taking. It's been so much fun and I'm hoping to continue doing it.

 
Six

I am incredibly thankful for the vast network of loving, supportive, and caring friends and family in Chicago. I'm thankful for my siblings, my Mom, my aunts, uncles, grandparents, godparents, cousins, and friends who have given me such a strong foundation. That lifetime of support has not only helped me get through this past year, but it has enabled me to build a life that I love.



Seven
 
I am thankful for all of the little things. This includes COFFEE, the recent "dates" Joe and I have been going on to the gym, feeling those little baby kicks, listening to that fast little heartbeat, being able to wear maternity pants ON Thanksgiving, the heated seats in our van, snuggles with my two-year-old, my friends who listen to all of my nonsense, and so much more. I am truly, truly blessed. 
 
Thank YOU for listening to me ramble!
I hope you have a safe, memorable, and wonderful holiday celebrating with your family.
 
If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment