Monday, May 7, 2012

Happy First Birthday, Cecelia Ray!

Day One






Year One



One week ago today, our baby turned one. It's been an unforgettable year. I don't believe I will ever forget that moment I heard"It's a girl!" and had that brand new baby placed on my chest. Or our first week home from the hospital, thinking we should set an alarm clock to wake up and feed the baby if she didn't get up herself (HAHAHA).  I will never forget how I would get teary just watching her sleep (and sometimes I still do!).  I will never forget when she so very proudly took her first three steps and landed in my arms. Nor will I forget our first ER visit (glad that first is over!) or how excited I felt when I first heard her say "Mama" (Although, I am fairly certain she was referring to our dog Maya...)

Miss Cece, I think I can honestly say that I never experienced a truly selfless moment in my life until you arrived. The best part is, I know we are just getting started and there are still so many "firsts" ahead of us. And I'm already so proud of you. Every time I look at you, I see the very best parts of myself and your dad. It's amazing to see how much you've grown- and even how much your dad and I have grown because of you. I feel like our capacity to love has increased tenfold. It's almost like how the Grinch's heart grew so many sizes on Christmas and practically burst out of his chest. Honestly, it's the best analogy I've got.  This mom business is more fulfilling than I could have ever imagined.

Happy first birthday, sweetheart, once more. I am so very blessed to be your mama and I wouldn't trade it for the world.

*I know I haven't updated in two weeks! Promise that there's a lot of great stuff to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment