Thursday, December 15, 2011

What makes the season bright





It's recently become clear to me that these truly are the sweetest days of my life. Although I do try to make everyday as productive as possible with housework, errands, sometimes the gym, and keeping Cece happy and healthy, it's definitely not always like that. And that's a good thing. I realized that earlier this month. Joe left for work early and it was still dark out. Cece and I were just awake in the living room, snuggling in our PJs with the Christmas tree lights on and snow outside that we didn't have to venture out in. It occurred to me that life may not get too much more wonderful than this. 

The great thing about being a stay-at-home mama right now is the time I've really been able to take to enjoy the holidays and Cece. I can't remember the last time I've felt so relaxed in December. I got my Christmas cards sent out early (ish). I finished my shopping in two days and have even everything wrapped. We've been enjoying our tree since the last weekend in November. AND today, Azure and I made holiday cookies from scratch (including the icing!) with Christmas movies in the background. So much butter... that's all I have to say about that. I even had to run out to get MORE butter. It took hours and it was so worth it! I can't remember the last time I made actual homemade cookies. I really hope it's something that it's something I can make time to do with Cece every year.  Now, the only thing that would make this holiday absolutely perfect is a trip to Chicago. Just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment