Monday, July 4, 2016

Congratulations Robbyn and Jason!


"Oh let's get rich and buy our parents homes in the south of France.
Let's get rich and give everybody nice sweaters and teach them how to dance.
Let's get rich and build a house on a mountain making everybody look like ants. From way up there, you and I. You and I."

Over the weekend we traveled to Chicago to see my little sister get married! It was an honor  and a privilege to stand by her side on her special day, just as it has been to grow up alongside her. The day was gorgeous and these pictures don't do justice! (The professional photos are going to be stunning and I can't wait to see them!)



 
Cece and Rosie had a part in the day as flower girls. Cece even got her hair professionally done (thanks, Mom!) and she loved being a part of the bridal party.


I can't stop looking at the first look. This might be one of my favorite moments of the whole day.


Robbyn and I also managed a pic together fresh off the hair and makeup chairs. Can someone please airbrush me and apply false lashes everyday? That would be spectacular, thanks ; ) I still can't get over how beautiful she (and Jay!) looked.

(From this point on, I put away my phone and participated in the ceremony which was short, sweet, and lovely. One of the best parts in my opinion was when Robbyn quoted the movie  "When Harry Met Sally" and then took Jays tissue from his jacket pocket to dab her tears!)



This was an entirely DIY wedding, which included my sister making her own wedding cake. (Because why wouldn't she?) Also, sorry Robbyn for nearly giving you a heart attack several times as Cece attempted to touch the cake and also ran perilously close to the table. EEEEK!


And why wouldn't the tables be named after Air Jordans? (Oh, Jay.)



Rosie thoroughly approved of the sweets table and the desserts. And she deserved a treat after being such a sweet flower girl!


To say my dad was greatly missed on the wedding day would be an understatement. However, my brother did a heck of a job walking Robbyn down the aisle and dancing with her! Great job representing, Michael!



We couldn't have asked for a lovelier or more fun day! The reception was filled with dancing, partying, laughing, and a his and hers keg stand. Post reception, the party continued at the bar in the hotel and I think I still need one more night of sleep to finally recover from it all.

I'm not going to blubber for too long on here (I already did that at the wedding), but I just wanted to say once more how much I love my sister and how much I love Robbyn and Jay as a couple. I can't wait to see how they grow together in the years ahead and to see the fun and adventure that they are sure to have.

Because, after all, when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible!


If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment