Thursday, February 4, 2016

Greetings from February!





Hi, all! Look how happy we are that we survived January!  (You know, just to be in the middle of a big old blizzard now.) BUT we aren't letting all this crazy weather get us down. It's Thursday, but I feel like we are still coming off a great weekend. Joe did not have to work THE WHOLE WEEKEND! He took the girls to the gym on Saturday and I was able to get a lot of cleaning done. We ran some errands and had a pizza and movie night, which in my opinion, are the best kinds of nights.  (We watched How to Train Your Dragon 2... I totally cried.) 





On Sunday, we continued errand running (Menards! Wahoo!) Joe did have a lunch meeting and then a gym visit planned, so I took the girls to Wood Lake Nature Center since the weather was gorgeous (40 degrees! Could have worn flip flops). We even "hiked" around outside for a little bit. Cece is a pretty cute wilderness explorer if I do say so myself.


And look who came by all the way from Chicago Sunday night just to bring cheesecake and read some bedtime stories? The girls were so happy to see Grandma.


Since the weekend ended, Cece has been back to school and it's back to business as usual around here. (Grocery shopping, bringing in the car to be fixed AGAIN, and then getting a root canal done today... the glamorous life.) We haven't had a good romp in the snow yet, but I did introduce Rosie to shaving cream while I was desperate to get the dishes done one day and that went over well.


I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this before, but Rosie has been aggressively demanding requesting snuggles a lot lately, and I literally always give in. She pronounces it "NUGGLES!" and spreads her blanket on my shoulder so we can properly cozy up. I'm pretty sure my productivity around the house has decreased about 75%. And I don't care, because I love snuggles too.


Lastly, here are some beautiful flowers that Joe and Cece picked up for me last week. They cheer me up every time I look at them!

That's all for now, folks! 
If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment