Monday, October 5, 2015

Cabin + October

"I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers."

-Anne of Green Gables


Our weekend was mighty peaceful and relaxing. At least it was for me. Joe was summoned up to the cabin to help get things winterized (wood splitting, dock removal, etc.) While he got all sweaty and dirty, I had the ever-so-difficult task of hanging out with the girls, eating snacks, and enjoying the view of the sparkling lake and the start of autumn colors. (Oh, and enjoying the view of Joe muscling things around. Yep. Am I the only weirdo who really likes watching their significant other do manual labor?)


I will say that it was a little strange to be at the cabin without the rest of the siblings and cousins. But I do have to admit that there were a few moments of silence and stillness that bordered on magical. I also think the girls had a great time. My hunch is that their favorite part of the weekend was staying up past their bedtime and having a dance party with Grandma and Grandpa while snacking on chips. (Have I taught them the secret to living the good life or what?) 

We were only at the cabin for less than 24 hours. But they were hours well-spent in my opinion. 

We have a BUSY week coming up ahead so it was nice to squeeze in some relaxing uninterrupted family time.

I hope everyone is enjoying fall as much as we have been!

If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment