Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

 



 
Happy Thanksgiving! We spent our holiday at home this year (for the first time ever!). Since our whole family has had a sickness of some sort recently, it felt wonderful to have a slow, cozy morning together spent relaxing and sipping coffee in our jammies.
 
The menu was far more Rachel Yuen than Rachael Ray. I made the basic fare and even took a few shortcuts (such as store-bought pumpkin pie and turkey tenderloin instead of a whole bird, etc.) However, the whole meal only took an hour and a half to prepare, so that was great! I did make one rookie mistake and had no appetizers planned. (Fortunately, Cece was thinking on her feet and served everyone animal crackers while we waited for lunch. She also helped put together our centerpiece. This girl is on top of the holidays.)
 
Rosie enthusiastically participated in eating the meal with us. Many fistfuls of mashed potatoes made it to her mouth (and hair). She was so absorbed by her meal that I was able to use two hands to eat my own food and that is just one more thing to be thankful for!
 
Post-lunch, the girls even took a nap at the same time. So, it really must be a holiday.
 
 
I also just want to say that I am thankful for so much. Believe me, I do have days where I feel everything is difficult and that I'm coming up short when it comes to being a wife, mother, and, well, person. However, I'm blessed with an incredible support system of friends and family whose love and support keep me sane and motivated, yet also reminds me not to take myself too seriously! I'm also blessed with healthy, beautiful, and hilarious daughters. (And let's not forget the healthy, beautiful, bearded, and hilarious husband.)
 
 I hope I've been able to adequately express my gratitude often through this blog; the whole point of it is to have a place for me to reflect, focus on the positive, and count my blessings while keeping in touch with my faraway friends and family whom I miss and am so thankful for. Thank you for reading and I hope you are having a wonderful holiday weekend!
 
Happy Thanksgiving to all!
 
 
If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment