Saturday, June 7, 2014

Summer, ice cream, and best friends! (via iPhone)





 




 

 
The past couple of weeks have been filled with a lot of good things. First of all, Sarah and Will came up for another visit. We visited a couple of parks, strolled around a lake, trolled the farmers market, made lots of yummy meals together, and let the kids play until they passed out. One of the highlights of their visit was a trip to Sebastian Joe's. The homemade ice cream there is outstanding. I got the salty caramel flavor and Cece got strawberry-banana... and we gotta go back soon.
 
Even though Sarah and I have been living in different states for a few years now, it's always like no time at all has passed every time we get together. By the end of the week, we even sound like the same person when we talk.  And even though sometimes I almost forget that I'm a new mom again, she continues to help me out with all of those things I actually do need help with-- everything from holding the baby while I take a shower, to going grocery shopping for me, to making sure I always have a coffee in hand, and so much more. I really have the best bestie around!
 
After they left, we busied ourselves with some yard and garden projects. (I can't wait to share more!). Joe and I also started jogging/running this week together. We've been taking the girls and the dogs around different lakes and it's been going much better than I thought it would. (No joke, I literally haven't gone running since 2009. I just bought new running shoes for the first time since 2010.)
 
It feels great to be spending so much time outside after approximately eight months of cold awful weather. Here's to summer actually being here!
 
If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment