Friday, February 21, 2014

Pasta with Shrimp and Homemade Peanut Sauce

 
I really want to be one of those people who often makes their own sauces (and even condiments) from scratch. I am not yet that person, but I'm trying. It's fun to be able to have more control over your ingredients and flavors right from the get-go. (Although, if it doesn't turn out well, you have no one to blame but yourself.)
 
I love peanut sauce a LOT. I could probably just eat it off my fingers, but to be classy, I mixed it with shrimp, thin spaghetti, stir-fry veggies, and fresh cilantro for dinner last week.
 
For the sauce, all you have to do is whisk together the following ingredients:
  • 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter at room temperature
  • 1/4 cup lower sodium soy sauce
  • 3 Tbsp. rice vinegar
  • 1 Tbsp. toasted sesame oil
  • 1 clove garlic, crushed with press
  • Sriracha (hot chili sauce) to taste
 
So simple, even I can do it. I ended up using slightly more peanut butter to make the sauce sweeter. What I'd also love to learn someday is how to make spring rolls and then be able to dip those in the sauce. I foresee that being a slightly more difficult project...
 
If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment