Instead of getting all bent out of shape about this fall weather in July, I decided that it was obviously nature's way of telling me I should bake cookies.
And so, I turned the oven on for the first time in weeks and I made peanut butter cookies for the first time in my life! What's better is that the recipe called for only 4 ingredients. Since no flour is required, these cookies are technically gluten-free and they still taste darn good.
Since anyone at home could probably make these cookies right now if they wanted to, I've shared the recipe below. Enjoy!
1 cup peanut butter, smooth or crunchy
1 cup sugar
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Use hand or stand mixer to mix the peanut butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla on low speed until well-combined.
3. Use cookie scoop or spoon to scoop 1 1/2 tablespoons of dough about 1 1/2 inches apart onto baking sheet. (You may line with parchment paper if you want.)
4. Flatten balls of dough with fork making a criss-cross pattern.
5. Bake the cookies about 10-12 minutes until golden brown around the edges. Allow the cookies to rest on the counter for two minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
***The original recipe can be found on this site.