Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Legit Toddler Muffins



You might ask, "What are these STRANGE looking muffin things?"


Answer: me being a VEGGIE NINJA, thank you very much. And a somewhat questionable food stylist.

I've been intending to try to make these "toddler muffins" for awhile now and I finally got around to it yesterday. They look like muffins, but they are actually filled with fruits and veggies. Believe it or not, they are legit.

Here is the original recipe.

Here is how I did it with just a few adjustments. (It's very close to the original recipe)

I used:
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened


And you know what? Cece overcame her new food skepticism and actually ate them instead of throwing them on the floor and calling "MAYA!!!" My heart swelled. You can also serve them to a husband who probaby could use a few more healthy food options.

Haha, it's the little things in life, isn't it?

It may have taken me longer to make than the recipe said it would (which kind of always happens, especially when exact measurements are called for). Sometimes when I think I'm seriously failing in the kitchen, I take a moment to remember that there are 37 people who are worse at cooking than me.

Happy Wednesday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment