Thursday, January 31, 2013

What's REALLY going on here



Hi all,

It's quite evident that I try to post the highlights of our life on this blog. The moments when we're smiling, showered, and mostly dressed. But even when we aren't having very composed moments, I still feel that being a stay-at-home mom's life is a pirate's life for me. (Meaning I like it.)

But sometimes, I feel like I could also write a parenting book called EVERYTHING I DO IS WRONG.

It would obviously be a funny book, with minimal self-deprecation. And most likely a best-seller.

But here's what's really happening around here as of late. (My final excuse is that it's winter, it's scary to drive outside, and we're a little stir-crazy.)

She is 21 months old and this is the progress we have made thus far with potty training:


I should probably get some kind of book pertaining to this subject. If I ask her if she wants to go potty she says "NOOOOOOO!" But she'll sit on it with the lid on and then flush it. Kind of positive, right?
_

This is also her current favorite food which she calls "Cha-cha" (chocolate). Joe gave me three bags of Lindt truffles on our date night that I wasn't intending to share. They were mine. MIIIIIINE!


 
Yep, that's her with a triumphant mouthful of chocolate. She says "PEAS!" (please) and then I split one in half with her.
 
_
 
And we don't just allow TV around here. She will actually watch most of a feature-length movie. Especially if it's The Little Mermaid. And I won't lie. I'll watch with her and I am usually just as mesmerized as she is. And I love hearing her say "Muh-maid." I do try to fast forward the Ursula parts. Because she's actually scarier than I remember.
 
 

So, that's how we be rollin' around these parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment