Friday, January 25, 2013

Dated!

 



I hope these blurry phone photos capture the delight that was date night. Technically, we haven't had a date since the summer. It sounds really pathetic when I say it that way, BUT, we do go on family outings frequently, including dinner. However, the last time Joe and I got a sitter and left the house to do something just the two of us? I'm pretty certain it was July.
 
Anyways, our goal was to go to a restaurant we have never been to before. I've lost count of how many times we've done the Olive Garden, Red Lobster, and Chipotle. (Can you say creatures of habit?)
 
We ended up at Cocina Del Barrio where I got one stiff drink and many  plates of tapas. DELICIOUS. I know it's not that adventurous to order guacamole. But holy guacamole. I don't know if it was the radishes or the rustic stone bowl it was served out of, but it was scrumptious. We also ordered pork carnitas tacos, seared scallops, and fried jalapeno peppers.
 
The meal was a welcome switch-up from our usual homemade hot dishes. Not to mention it was nice to have some alone time to catch up and reconnect after my week in Chicago. Crossing my fingers for more date nights in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment