Friday, October 12, 2012

Harvest Pizza



I know the idea of a “fall” pizza sounds really bizarre. I do hail from Chicago, so I am aware of how delicious pizza is supposed to taste.
However, I am sick to death of the same meals I’ve been making lately. So obviously the solution was to go on Pinterest, cook with several ingredients I have never used before, and hope for the best.
You can find the whole recipe on this amazing food blog. The main ingredients are a sage pesto, butternut squash, prosciutto, goat cheese, red onion and Parmesan.  I do feel that the star of this pizza is the prosciutto. It's like bacon's dainty little sister that's less intimidating to cook and less likely to start a grease fire. I also used pre-made pizza dough instead of making my own. Even I don't have that kind of time.
If you're feeling up for something different, give this dish a try.  Joe doesn't even like squash and he even thought this pizza was tasty. I also thought it was yummy and thought it echoed Thanksgiving.
(Oh, and not to be all food-ignorant, but what's the difference between a pizza and a flat bread? Is one round and the other is rectangular? I have no idea.)

1 comment: