Thursday, September 13, 2012

The return of POT PIE!




I was jazzed about the alleged arrival of "fall" and finally getting to turn the oven back on. Alas, Tuesday was 95 degrees, and those hopes were dashed. Then it rained and the temperature dropped to the 60s and I was elated.

So I made one of my favorite dishes. This pot pie recipe is EASY and I've made it for many people. I've also passed on the recipe to a lot of folks. It's really not a stretch to say that if you make it for someone, they just might love you forever...

This is all it requires:

·         2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
·         1 can cream of chicken soup
·         ½ cup milk
·         1 can mixed veggies (I use peas and carrots)
·         1 russet potato
·         1 clove garlic
·         2 pie crusts
·         1 cup cheddar cheese

1. Chop and pan-sear chicken breasts. Add chopped garlic, salt and pepper, etc.

2. Chop and sauté potato in another pan. I cook it in butter, and I season it with salt, pepper, and rosemary.

3. In a bowl, combine soup, milk, cheese and veggies.

4. Once chicken is cooked through and potatoes are soft, add chicken, potatoes, soup, mixed veggies, and cheese into the pie crust. Seal edges together and cut to vent

5. Bake pie in oven according to time suggested on the pie crust you purchase. Since everything is already cooked through, it just needs to heat together and the crust needs to bake.

*There are so many variations you can do with this. We have also added celery and onion to it in the past. Or you could use broccoli in it as well. FYI, Joe can almost eat a single pie by himself, so you might consider preparing two… Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment