Friday, April 13, 2012

"I'll make you banana pancakes, pretend like it's the weekend now..."





 
On this gloomy Friday morning, we dropped a dear friend off at the airport. EARLY. It was dark still for two hours after we arrived back home. The rain and the overripe bananas in the kitchen inspired an inpromptu banana pancake breakfast. I love banana pancakes. The remind me of home. And luckily, this batch turned out oh-so yummy. The secret is to mash the bananas in the batter AND add sliced bananas once they are cooking! Cece even gave them a try and ate a whole pancake herself. As for the rest of the day, we have very important plans to lay low, snuggle, eventually clean up the kitchen, and be a little lazy today as I have a couple little pizza demo shifts to work this weekend. I'm excited for her and Joe to have daddy and daughter time... but my preference is when the three of us can be together. Have a great weekend!

"Really don't mind the breakfast
'cause you're my little lady
Lady, lady, love me
'cause I love to lay here lazy
We could close the curtains
Pretend like there's no world outside"
"Banana Pancakes" 
 Jack Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment