Friday, February 3, 2012

Date night, Italiano style







I had a hankering for Italian food this week, and I did not feel like being the one who made it. Thus, we paid a visit to Michaelangelo's Masterpizzas, a small neighborhood Italian joint in southwest Minneapolis. I do mean small. There were maybe only six tables. However, our meal was anything but small. We ordered... garlic toast with marinara, spinach artichoke dip, spinach and portabella ravioli for me, and an ooey-gooey calzone for Joe. And don't forget dessert! Oreo pie for Joe, and "dirt and worms" for me. Our newly-turned nine-month-old enjoyed her puffs along with a few tastes of marinara sauce. Because, let's be honest, a good marinara is heavenly and should be shared. Although being just "a couple" made it easier to go on a date, there is something I really enjoy about Cece living it up in a high chair, trying to escape her high chair, and waving hello to everyone she sees. She cracks us up and it's kind of great.

No comments:

Post a Comment