Thursday, November 24, 2011

A Time for Thanks


We really had a very nice Thanksgiving. It started with Joe waking up early and watching Cece for a few hours while I got some more (amazing) sleep. Talk about setting a good tone for the day. We had breakfast, I made a side dish, we got dressed, and away we went.

We spent the holiday in St. Cloud with a cozy crowd of only eight this year. This meant we got to dine off the fine china and feel classy. I was too busy stuffing my face to take photos of most of the day. The weather was beautiful. Joe and I took a post-meal walk after Cece fell asleep. Then we just hung around, watched football, and relaxed. Oh, and we got sent home with an entire pumpkin pie... thanks, Danielle!

There is obviously much to be thankful for this year. I remember when I went back to work and commenting that I wished it could be my full-time job just to smooch my baby's cheeks all day. (Really, I don't know what it is about chubby baby cheeks, especially when babies are sleeping- but they are divine.) And now it is my full-time job. So that's the first thing I'm thankful for. I'm thankful for my wonderful family- immediate, extended, and in-laws. I'm thankful for my friends who keep me young and sane. I am thankful for coffee which keeps me awake. I am thankful for my marriage. (BTW, marriage is HARD, but full of rewards and surprises.) I am thankful for our health, our home, and our hounds. I am thankful that I have many reasons to feel fulfilled and reasons to aspire. I am also thankful that I can now focus on CHRISTMAS and that I don't have to listen to holiday music in secret anymore...

No comments:

Post a Comment