Thursday, October 27, 2016

Halloween Candy Houses


Happy almost-Halloween! Cece recently had a four-day weekend and we kept busy for most of it. However, on Monday we relaxed around the house and I managed to facilitate a small Halloween project for the girls.



During the Christmas season, making gingerbread houses is one of our favorite things to do. I figured we could start honing our skills and put a Halloween spin on the candy house idea. Really, all this meant was that I bought some candy corn and dark chocolate frosting. And I then quickly assembled simple structures from graham crackers that we already had in the pantry. (Joe called my construction skills too simple and "Ted Mosby-like" but I don't care. The girls turned them into masterpieces!)


I tried to monitor the candy-eating and frosting-licking, but as you can see, Rosie is totally guilty of sweet consumption (and so stinkin' adorable!). Cece could work on a project like this literally for hours. She was so sweet and thankful that I set this up for them!



I also love how Rosie's house's door is a nod to Olaf the snowman.




As you can see, the girls had a lot of fun and these masterpieces are now centerpieces on our dining room table. (Of course, the smell of frosting was making me crave cupcakes... so I might have baked a whole batch of cupcakes today... whoops.)

Anyways, thanks for checking out our cute candy houses!



If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment